MILWAUKEE (May 29, 2014) – While Father’s Day is meant to celebrate fatherhood and family, new data shows most American dads aren’t feeling the love. This year, Harley-Davidson rides to the rescue with a list of fresh ideas for unique Father’s Day gifts to let dad know how cool we think he really is.
A few lucky dads will also win upgraded gifts in exchange for sharing photos of past year’s flubs on Twitter or Instagram and tagging the post with #HDGiftSwap.
The survey, commissioned by Harley-Davidson, interviewed more than 1,200 American dads about their Father’s Day gifts and experiences. The findings are clear that not all dads get their due on their day — following are a few of their confessions:
- Sadly: Nearly a third of American dads (32 percent) confess they’ve had family members who have completely forgotten about them on Father’s Day.
- My Family Missed the Mark: More than half (57 percent of fathers) confessed to receiving a Father’s Day gift they did not like.
- “Take it Back:” More than half of dads surveyed (53 percent) said they’d received gifts they wanted to return. Perhaps that’s because more than half of the dads also confirmed they’ve received the same type of Father’s Day gift more than once.
- Not All Gifts Are Created Equal: When asked about the worst gift they’d ever received, dads were pretty candid, sharing the following gifting gaffes:
- “A painted rock.”
- “A tie with Santa Clauses on it!”
- “A coffee mug – for the 4th year in a row.”
- And, perhaps with mixed emotions: “My 45 year old unemployed daughter moving in.”
“We love our dads, but oftentimes we hit a roadblock when it comes to ideas for Father’s Day gifts,” said Karen Davidson, Creative Director, General Merchandise, Harley-Davidson Motor Company. “That’s why we’re amping up Father’s Day with some great gift ideas so families can get out of the dad’s day gifting rut and give him what he really wants.”
#HDGiftSwap = Gift Upgrade
Through June 15 (Father’s Day), the Harley® Gift Swap invites dads to share on Instagram or Twitter the strangest, goofiest or worst Father’s Day gifts they’ve ever received. When they tag it #HDGiftSwap, Harley-Davidson will surprise a select few dads with free gear.
Stumped? Check out the Great Father’s Day Gifts at the House of Harley-Davidson!
Harley-Davidson has the ultimate in cool Father’s Day gifts – from classic vintage tees and glassware to motorcycle accessories.
- Drinking Jars, featuring the famous H-D® shield, perfect for dad’s favorite cold drinks.
- H-D Wooden Grilling Tools to tie together two of dad’s favorite things – Harley and BBQ.
- Retro H-D Bar Signs, the perfect addition to any father’s man cave.
- A new Leather Jacket to up dad’s “cool factor.”
About Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s website at www.H-D.com.
About the Harley-Davidson Father’s Day Survey
The Harley-Davidson Father’s Day Survey was conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs, a leading global insights firm, May 8 to May 15, 2014, among 1,242 adult American men who are fathers, using an email invitation and an online survey.
I want three of the drinking jars!!!